12-year-old Logan has endured more than most people during his life. What started out as strep throat five years ago resulted in Logan going into septic shock, losing his right leg, right eye, a couple of fingers, and skin grafting all over his arms, legs, and, face. Then two years ago Logan went into kidney failure and needed a transplant. Not many can relate to Logan like his friend Mase, a firefighter with the local Gilbert Fire and Rescue in Gilbert, Arizona.
Like Logan, Mase uses a below the knee prosthetic. At the end of fire academy, Mase suffered a broken ankle that left him in so much pain for five years that he had it amputated. The two share a special bond that reaches beyond age and is a perfect example of selflessness.