Home News Florida couple vow to never do number two during a storm after...

Florida couple vow to never do number two during a storm after toilet explodes from lightning strike

SHARE

 

“No more pooping while it’s storming outside.”

Wise words indeed.

A Florida woman says lightning struck her septic tank on Sunday morning and caused the toilet in her home to explode.

The toilet in the Port Charlotte residence was shattered into hundreds of pieces, but fortunately no one was injured.

Marylou Ward and her husband were in bed at the time.

“It was the loudest noise I’ve ever heard,” she told TV station WTHR.

A-1 Affordable Plumbing Inc. explained in a Facebook post that the lightning ignited the methane gas in the sewer pipes and caused the explosion.

“Methane gas is gas caused by the number two,” Affordable Plumbing owner Jordan Hagadorn told USA Today. “The natural gas is from crap, literally.”

Affordable Plumbing also shared pictures of the messy scene, proclaiming there should be “no more pooping while it’s storming outside.”

Ward told WINK News that the indoor plumbing was destroyed.

“I’m just glad none of us were on the toilet,” Ward told station. “That’s the main thing.”

(c)2019 New York Daily News
Visit New York Daily News at www.nydailynews.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here